I stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall from August 27th-Sept. 3, 2008 and noticed immeaditely upon check in things were not the same as the hotels in Mexico and the D.R.

We were told we had a room with a pool/ocean view, we did not. Our room overlooked gardens that were under construction and a small view of the ocean. There was one bath towel upon check in, 2 hours later, we received more. We asked for an additional patio chair & were told that there were none available, but overheard the maid's radio telling others to gather patio furniture from vacant rooms due to Hurricane Gustav.

Granted, the storm may have had a lot to do with our problems, but it was mostly hotel & staff. Elevators were broken as were the showers in the "hospotality" room. Floors were slippery and many guests fell. Chunks of the dining areas were falling down, large portions of the dining areas were roped off.

The food was also sub-par, even in the gourmet eateries. The bartenders did a good job of trying to make us forget how miserable we were. The final insult came after we booked an excerusion from Jamacian Tours in the lobby and paid with two one hundred dollar bills. Imagine our surprise 2 days later when we were called to the lobby and told that our money was counterfiet.

The whole lobby knew, and nobody would listen to us. It was embarassing, especially since they were accusing my 73 year old mom of the crime. The front desk offered no help, they refused to get involved. By the way, upon returning home, I took the bills to the bank and verified that they were good.

I understand things took a while to clean up after the storm, but it took the crew two and a half days to clean the pool, but that's if you include the numerous breaks they took to chat & flirt with the guests. Service was OK, but it was very discerning that many of the male staff made remarks, nioses & gestures towards females. I feel this is very inappropriate for staff of the hotel to do as they were supposed to be working.

The storm can actually be considered the highlight of this vacation, and I will probably never return to an Iberostar again.

Comments

milesmark

It is always best to hire someone skilled to do so, unfortunately in most cases these companies dedicated to cancel timeshares usually cheat for the second time to their customers since they are vulnerable and desperate. If you are thinking of hiring them you just have to make sure you do not have to make any payment upfront ... I found these articles that speak precisely about this, you should read them, that might help you to resolve many doubts:

I hope you can solve your problem, good luck!